We are born with a need for rhythmic input. It affects how our brain waves function and may play an important role in normal physical, emotional and intellectual development"
D r . K A Y R O S C A M , Director of the department of music therapy of Chapman University, CA, USA
The program Happy Drum, which Libera Institute developed and presents is an adapted version of the original program “Rhythmology”. It’s designed for kids and adolescents. It gives the opportunity for working on problems with different nature through using of rhythm and expressive means of percussion. Through the main topics – vibrations, active listening/perception/awareness, communication, synchronicity and balance - we work on the rhythmic education of the kids and developing of valuable qualities as:
- Friendship and understanding
- Participation and sharing
- Personal, social and emotional development
There are three forms of the sessions:
- Kids and parents together.
Rhythm for Everyone!
Rhythm sessions are suitable for children of all ages
What is specific for this program:
- It includes rhythmic exercises and games which are intended to serve as rhythmic gymnastics that help for mastering of important motor and intellectual skills and habits.
- The kids will have the opportunity to touch different percussion instruments and to get acquainted with their sounds.
- The parents will have the opportunity to be engaged in the process and to build up or restore the special relation with their kids.
- Each session is unique and follows no certain sequence.
- For kids up to 7 years the participation of the parent is obligatory – he/she seats right behind the kid and helps him in case of difficulty.
- For kids over 7 years the participation of the parent is optional.
- The group is facilitated by an instructor who gives the instruments, defines and demonstrates the exercises, plays the music and the rhythms.
- The responsibility for maintaining the discipline and the correct performance of the exercises falls on the parents who play the role of instructor’s assistants.
- The duration of the sessions is 30-45 minutes.
Libera institute holds individual and group rhythm therapeutic sessions for kids and adolescents with the following diseases and specific needs:
- Down syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Intellectual disability
- Speech disorders
- Vision and hearing disorders
- Children with special needs
- Adolescents from protected homes
- Drug addicts
- Aggressive kids and adolescents
Rhythm therapy is applied as an additional therapy and does not replace the main treatment!For further information concerning the specific methods and for participation in our therapeutic sessions you can contact us by e-mail or telephone.